Tuesday, November 26, 2013

#6 Cats Musical - Memory




Memory 
 
Midnight, not a sound from the pavement 

Has the moon lost her memory 

She is smiling alone 
 
In the lamplight 

The withered leaves collect at my feet 

And the wind begins to moan 

Memory, all alone in the moonlight 
 
I can smile at the old days 

It was beautiful then 

I remember the time I knew what happiness was 
 
Let the memory live again 
 
Every street lamp seems to beat a fatalistic warning 

Someone mutters 
 
And the street lamp gutters 

And soon it will be morning
 
Daylight, I must wait for the sunrise 

I must think of a new life 

And I mustn't give in 

When the dawn comes 

Tonight will be a memory, too 

And a new day will begin 

Burnt out ends of smoky days 

The stale, cold smell of morning 

The street lamp dies 

Another night is over 
 
Another day is dawning 

Touch me, it's so easy to leave me 

All alone with the memory of my days in the sun 
 
If you touch me 

You'll understand what happiness is 

Look! A new day has begun 


My comments:
I heard this song in high school.  I was a member of the choir, and i'm very happy. Once in a music class, my teacher played this song to us. I was attracted to this song. I love the melody of this song, and I always sing this song. This song gives me a  beautiful feeling.

I heard this song again. I have a feeling, i was a high school student. 

No comments:

Post a Comment